Monday, July 4, 2011

My New Obsession: Knit Dishcloths!

Wow, it has been so long I almost forgot I have a blog!  Pardon me for being gone for awhile, but I started a new job that has long hours, at which I have been volunteering for even more hours than the 50 I am scheduled for each week.  I now work in a call center as a customer service/sales representative. I have my own cubicle and even have my own drawer of knitting/crochet supplies (since I am able to knit easy projects while talking on the phone some of the time.  That is where this awesome dishcloth pattern comes in, since it's so simple I can hardly call it a pattern:




Supplies: 

1 skein of cotton yarn
size 10 knitting needles, I prefer the 10-inch length for little projects like this.
yarn needle for weaving in ends

Using Long-tail cast on, CO 30 stitches.

Knit every row for approximately 45 rows until the dish cloth becomes square.  I never count rows, I just eyeball it until it looks right. 

BO and weave in ends. 

With this method, you can get 2 dish cloths out of one small skein of cotton yarn.  These make a perfect present for baby showers, weddings, and much more, and you can make 2 for about a buck-fifty.

No comments:

Post a Comment